The Motley Fool Discussion Boards
Fun & Games / Humor and Urban Legends
|Subject: Re: Am I on the right board?||Date: 10/10/2012 11:30 AM|
|Author: americanray||Number: 156191 of 168730|
A more than passingly strange post, it409. Last time I checked...
[hyoo-mer or, often, yoo-] Show IPA
1. a comic, absurd, or incongruous quality causing amusement: the humor of a situation.
2. the faculty of perceiving what is amusing or comical: He is completely without humor (liberals).
3. an instance of being or attempting to be comical or amusing; something humorous: The humor in his joke eluded the audience.
4. the faculty of expressing the amusing or comical: The author's humor came across better in the book than in the movie.
5. comical writing or talk in general; comical books, skits, plays, etc.
Notice that there is no qualifier as to the source and, let's face it, there are some pretty humorous things going on in the political world.
|Copyright 1996-2015 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us|