The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotand-tracking-kids-in-schools-violates-their-30311177.aspx

Subject:  Re: Gah, more technophobia Date:  10/10/2012  1:35 PM
Author:  ariechert Number:  648104 of 748860

"And tracking kids in schools violates their privacy? What privacy?!? The school is RESPONSIBLE for their safety in their building, they not only have a right but a duty to know that the kids are where they are supposed to be when they are supposed to be! If I were to go to my kid's school to get him and they said, "Uh, we don't know where he is" there would be hell to pay! The reason they instituted it was truancy that is costing the district millions of dollars. Hell, the kids are lucky I'm not in charge! Carrying a card? PFFT! Here's your chip, which body part would you like it implanted in? I'd do it, damn straight!" colovion

In the school I taught in the weight lifting room was off the gym back behind some mats they used for tumbling and things. It is sort of off in a corner hidden.

While I was teaching there was a little ninth grade girl that was caught buck slap naked in the weight lifting room that was having sex with boys who would sneak in there and have intercourse with the girl and then sneak out. They caught the girl in there naked with a boy and they got the whole story.

The little girl was from a dysfunctional family (as you can imagine) and was sent to a juvenile detention facility in Nashville for like nine months. At the end of nine months she was back in the school.

At the school there was one big room in another building where the really bad kids were sent. I'm talking rough wild kids. One day at lunch the teacher in that room said she was distracted by a bunch of the kids and they surrounded her and while they were talking to her two of the kids in that class, a boy and girl, got off in a corner and were having sex while the teacher was dealing with the big group of kids were distracting her.

Another young boy told me that in the lunch room some of the boys were fingering girls under the table, sticking their hands up girls dresses and putting their fingers up inside the girls. I asked the boys why the girls don't report it and he answered me "because they like it."

Kids nowadays are wild. Talking back to teachers, doing whatever they want, disrespectful, insubordinate, etc. They are fearless and they know there is pretty much nothing you can do to them. You just wouldn't believe it.

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us