The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/heres-where-i-have-issue-with-mr-reed-30311837.aspx

Subject:  Re: Rich Dad, Ripoff Dad Date:  10/10/2012  5:33 PM
Author:  wolverine307 Number:  648162 of 753897

Here's where I have issue with Mr Reed:

•"Marine corps made him what he is today" - he was laterally transferred to the Marine Corp from the Merchant Marine and Navy, he never went through the entry-level Marine training

So what? I never went to Marine boot camp either, but who is to say that my tour with the USMC as a Hospital Corpsman did or did not have a meaningful effect on my life?

Became a helicopter pilot to "lead men" (platoon leaders and company commanders lead men; pilots lead machinery)

Mr Reed, you have no idea what you are talking about. Officers lead -- all officers. Obviously, some more than others. But as a pilot he was in charge of his flight crew and undoubtedly stood duty as Officer In Charge of whatever unit he was assigned to when the Commanding Officer was not available.

Given this clueless hatchet job, I have grave doubts about the credibility of Mr Reed's criticism. He is coming across as nit-picking and clueless. Probably something personal.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us