The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Religion & Culture / Atheist Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-was-discussing-this-with-two-of-my-30312011.aspx

Subject:  Re: Economy question: Customers or Business Date:  10/10/2012  7:16 PM
Author:  Frydaze1 Number:  410736 of 508406

I was discussing this with two of my Libertarian/Conservative Fools/friends. We were talking about employment rates. One of them had said that without entrepeneurs and investors willing to take risks, there won't be any businesses for people to be employed at. I said that no matter how many entrepreneurs and investors you have, businesses exist and grow because of customers buying your products and that creates the need for employees. I got the written equivalent of a puzzled and uncomprehending look.

I can start a business without much capital. I could start making sandwiches to sell to my coworkers. I could take in laundry. I could paint portraits. Do wedding photography. Give people rides in my car. I can think of hundreds of things I could do, and call it a business. But it won't be a successful business if no one buys what I'm selling.

Frydaze1
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us