The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/youd-be-surprised-at-how-many-people-are-already-30312357.aspx

Subject:  Re: If all the 1%ers closed their doors Date:  10/10/2012  10:48 PM
Author:  99lashes Number:  1823236 of 1976037

You'd be surprised at how many people are already working 80 and 90 hour weeks with no hope of getting anywhere close to 7 figures total earnings for their lifetime. I met one just yesterday when I took my 100 year old mother to the hospital. We used Valet parking and the young man has been working there for quite some time, very polite, remembers our names the whole bit. I got a chance to talk for a minute with him and he told me he also has a night job because he has a family with 6 kids.

So just what is your point? This guy made a choice to have 6 kids and all that comes with that.

My oldest daughter is working 60+ hours a week and still can't pay her bills. She is single, no kids but a dog. I remind her that was what a good college education was to help with. That is what she did not take advantage of and this is the price one pays for the rest of their lives. It is her choice.

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us