The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotman-with-my-whole-heart-failure-condition-30312399.aspx

Subject:  Re: What is your goal in life? Date:  10/10/2012  11:31 PM
Author:  ariechert Number:  648203 of 749494

"Man, with my whole heart failure condition, being laid off, not being married and not having a kid so far, and no house, what the hec is driving my life? Seriously what am I living for? Further what makes me happy? Is it family ? Or friends ? Career? My life is seriously empty. Why do I get out of bed in the mornings?? The trip to Starbucks for coffee. Man I am just going through the motions. Damn no wonder I drink at night like I do. It temporarily raises m spirits. I am happy for that time. Oh man. Where is this all going? I see no goal. No endpoint." - Aolf

--------------

We are here just to live. Just to experience living in a 3 dimensional + 1 time universe, what time and space look and feel like, and learn what it means and how it feels to be separate.

To quote my momma, "life ain't a bowl of cherries you know kiddo!" It was only later that I figured it's not supposed to be.

Life has to be emotional enough to imprint the memories we came here to make. The more emotional the experience the more powerful and long lasting the memory it creates. That is why life is the way it is.

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us