The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/blue-california-55-new-york-29-illinois-20-new-30312427.aspx

Subject:  Re: Electoral College Math Date:  10/10/2012  11:52 PM
Author:  spikie Number:  1823244 of 1947886

Blue
California 55
New York 29
Illinois 20
New Jersey 14
Washington 12
Massachusetts 11
Maryland 10
Oregon 7
Connecticut 7
Hawaii 4
Maine 4
Rhode Island 4
Delaware 3
DC 3

I would venture at this point, 183 votes are pointed to Obama. I believe that Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, certainly Iowa, and New Mexico, New Hampshire and Vermont are all definitely in play for Romney - and very iffy for the current occupant.

It isn't so much math as it is broken promises, exceedingly high unemployment, and loss of wages (over 3000$ per year per family) lost under Obama's last 4 years. Add to that the promise from Obama of more of the same, with higher taxes a certainty, more unemployment a likelihood, and a non-existent foreign policy that is getting American civilians killed now, and things are not simple math any more, imho.

We shall see, shall we not...

You know, come to think of it, I wouldn't necessarily discount Massachusetts and perhaps even Connecticut. They have lost tremendous amounts of industry and jobs under Obama. Those folk are not stupid.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us