The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Health & Fitness / Low Carb Way of Life

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/how-did-the-family-like-it-they-liked-it-except-30312491.aspx

Subject:  Re: Made My Own Greek Yogurt Date:  10/11/2012  1:11 AM
Author:  NailThatJello Number:  29922 of 30312

How did the family like it?

They liked it, except for one flavoring mistake I made that I forgot to mention. Most of those YouTube videos added a dash of vanilla or rum flavoring, but I couldn't imagine that going well with strawberry. Anyway I took a risk and added one of those tiny vials of rum flavoring that they sell for cake baking. These have zero carbs. But the family was unanimous that that detracted from the flavor. So scratch that idea off the list.

Overall the process is pretty simple and easy and ends up with a great product. It does require planning; to get 700 ml Greek yogurt I need to run two sequential yogurt cycles with the setup I have (or buy a bigger mason jar, which I guess I should do), and the ice bowl needs 24 hours in the freezer beforehand. So it's not a spur of the moment kind of thing. But much easier & less messy than the old salt-ice method.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us