The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/nearly-two-million-drivers-have-had-accidents-due-30312801.aspx

Subject:  Re: "baby on board' signs - cause accidents Date:  10/11/2012  9:10 AM
Author:  beaconclks Number:  648245 of 757765

Nearly two million drivers have had accidents due to ‘Baby On Board’ signs and children’s toys that obscure their view, according to alarming new research.

Those signs are a perfect reflection of some of the idiocy of the "touchy-feely" (overly)protect-kids-at-all-ridiculous-cost generation.

What's the message suppose to suggest? I'm a careful driver no matter who is in the vehicles around me.

Any when I'm walking through a parking lot at the mall in the middle of summer or winter, and see one of those stupid "Baby on Board" signs hanging on a window of a parked car, I'm I suppose to call the police and alert them that there's a baby left alone in a parked car?

If the car owner doesn't ever remove the sign, how are we suppose to know when there really is a baby on board? Goes along with helmets for Big-Wheels.

Everybody is precious, not just babies..... JMHO
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us