The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotgack-that-definitely-sounds-inedible-mind-30312824.aspx

Subject:  Re: Payment to fleg Date:  10/11/2012  9:20 AM
Author:  ariechert Number:  648250 of 744258

"Gack, that definitely sounds inedible. Mind if I leave out the corn chips? And why wouldn't I put the diced tomatoes and the jalapeno into the chili while it's cooking?" - Warrl

To each his own. It's a Petro and they sold thousands of them at the World's Fair in Knoxville, TN in 1982. That was the first time I ever ate one. It's not that much different than a taco except instead of a corn tortilla they use a bag of Fritos.

Pickled Jalapenos have a vinegary taste and thats' not the flavor I'm shooting for when I'm making chili. If I were going to put jalapenos in my chili I'd start with fresh ripe green jalapenos and dice them up small.

I like fresh diced tomatoes on my tacos and my Petros. When I make tacos I use corn tortillas and heat them in skillet in a little lard, then I put some kind of meat, onions, tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and maybe shredded cheddar cheese (but not always).

Like I said, to each his own. I used to eat Petros for lunch at Rafters Cafeteria on the Univ. of Tenn. main Campus.

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us