The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Religion & Culture / Christian Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-keep-hearing-that-you-the-christian-you-will-30313221.aspx

Subject:  Re: See? Told Ja Date:  10/11/2012  11:29 AM
Author:  AngelMay Number:  183430 of 199136

I keep hearing that you (the Christian you) will know.

I'm agnostic.

When I said "the Christian you" it was like saying, in any other group of people, "the generic you" - meaning no one person in particular. So I wasn't speaking of you directly.

And you are not agnostic. If you don't know whether or not you believe in God, then you don't. That makes you an Atheist. It's ok to say the word "Atheist." It won't gag you nor make you turn purple. It's just a descriptive word. It isn't even loaded. It just is. Whoever dreamed up the word "agnostic" must believe a person can be "just a little bit pregnant" - but they can't. They are either pregnant or they are not. You either believe in God or you don't.

Having said that, I have to add that almost all Atheists are "agnostic" in that, if evidence/proof of God should ever come before them, they are completely ready to receive it, and evaluate it, and to finally believe in such a God.

I told you already. Christians will expect Christ to return the way he said he would.

And exactly how is that? Since I don't know, maybe you could tell me.
Reading Revelation is like poking into an insane person's mind. I really don't want to go there again.

AM
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us