The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/what-practical-method-might-one-use-to-30313415.aspx

Subject:  Re: What is your goal in life? Date:  10/11/2012  12:33 PM
Author:  lowstudent Number:  648292 of 756826

What practical method might one use to "find" one's passion?

Trial and error

There is nothing practical about doing. There is just the doing. WHen you do, you into you enjoy. When you enjoy you want to do better, when you want to do better, you prepare -- this takes you to places you would not otherwise go, and to places where folks may share your passion.

This works whether you determine it is foreign films and end up at a local college, running a marathon and you find local running spot which leads to local running group, jazz , gardening and etc

The only method I know of was simply thinking of things I either once enjoyed or had an interest in and doing. I found that the things I enjoyed and wanted to do more of, if I did even marginal looking there were outlets for. I ended up taking film classes in a college and started in a photo workshop at a library(with offers of other things from that, but lost interest), I found basketball leagues and a lot of friends after looking for a place with an indoor basketball court just so I could start moving around.

We all have interests, if we simply decide they are more important than whatever else we are doing(often watching TV, or some mundane things we don't get great enjoyment from) there can be magic to be made IMO
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us