The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Computers, Phones & Internet / Apple User's Group

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/contacts-app-30313990.aspx

Subject:  Contacts App Date:  10/11/2012  4:10 PM
Author:  wecoguy Number:  61086 of 65379

(previously in the iOS board, but maybe a chance someone here has noticed this, seems like if it's not a bug, Apple is going backwards,, Local MUG member confirmed the same action, so I'm stumped.. weco)

Contacts App Difference?
Mac ProOS 10.8.2, iOS6 - iPhone4

Used to be, as it is now on my desktop Mac Pro, I select a Group in Contacts, like I have one named Services, in it are all the contractors, vendors of Services I use... I see thst list, then maybe want another Group, say Family, back up, select it, I see that Group... Works as expected, always has...

But now on the iPhone4, the Groups are only a list of my Groups, with a checkmark, all I can do is check or uncheck, so if more than one is check, all are lumped together. If I want to see a single Group in my Contacts I have to view All Contacts, or uncheck all of them, check only one, then back out, uncheck, check another, no simple way to go from one group to another... That is not the same as the desktop, OSX Contacts, or anywhere near as handy.

Seems it used to work like the desktop machine.. Maybe changed in iOS6?

Is this right? Are we stuck using All Contacts? This is very cumbersome... They used to work the same!
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us