The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotdw-and-i-recently-vacationed-on-tybee-30314808.aspx

Subject:  Re: Libertyville's Loss is Chicago's Gain Date:  10/12/2012  12:29 AM
Author:  ariechert Number:  648392 of 749395

"DW and I recently vacationed on Tybee Island/Savannah, GA. The island was small enough (basically 1 mile wide and 4 miles long) we could easily get around via bicycle. Downtown Savannah wasn't much bigger, or at least for the places we'd want to be. We've thought about someplace like that to retire to. Walking/biking distance to everything. But no big place like Chicago for sure." - JLC

I've got family in Savannah. My brother's son whom I'm close to. I was actually in Savannah not too long ago. It's a beautiful little town. I really like it. I like the Live Oak trees with the Spanish Moss hanging in them. It looks really old fashioned, like you just stepped back in time. The Old South. I like the harbor and the boats. Hot as hell in the summer but it can't be any hotter than it was here this summer? Savannah has some good eating establishments.

Don't know if you could live there without a car though. Might need one to get to the grocery store?

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us