The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/bummer-30315368.aspx

Subject:  Bummer... Date:  10/12/2012  11:03 AM
Author:  ResNullius Number:  17912 of 19483

It's that time of year for blowing the leaves into the woods around our house. It has to be done several times throughout the falling of the leaves from the trees. Until 2 years ago, I always did it with a gasoline powered backpack blower. Two years ago, I got a biventricular pacemaker/ICD implanted for my heart issues. For those of you who have one, you've probably found out that you can't use an electric or gasoline blower, particularly a backpack one, because the electomagnetic field around the motor will screw up the pacemaker/ICD. Now, my dear wife gets to do it, and it makes me feel just a little bit useless. Of course, I guess we could hire someone to do it, but that just seems to be a waste of money since we have the time and it's not that much area that needs to be blown. It's nice that my wife seems to actually be getting into the karma of blowing leaves, since that makes it less workful and almost enjoyable.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us