The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Building / Maintaining a Home


Subject:  Re: Dishwasher repair Date:  10/12/2012  1:28 PM
Author:  tketola Number:  122514 of 137303

Hey fleg9bo,,,

OK, I see what you are talking about. I have never run into any of those Ropa-A-Dope things. In Whirlpool and Maytag Dishwasher, and/or Stove Doors I have only seen this type of Door-Hinge-Cam attached to the Door-Frame, with the other end of the Spring attached to frame, like here:

But hey, live and learn,,, that Ropa-A-Dope thingy sounds/looks a little hokey, to me!!!

However apparently some other Dishwasher Brands/Models also use the Ropa-A-Dope thingy!!! Don't know why they want to make something pretty simple, so complicated???

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us