The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Computers, Phones & Internet / Mastering Quicken

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-just-found-another-hidden-feature-in-quicken-30316754.aspx

Subject:  Re: Thinking of upgrading to Q-2013 ... DON'T ! Date:  10/12/2012  8:05 PM
Author:  38Packard Number:  10008 of 10376

I just found another hidden feature in Quicken 2013. When I processed the last payment for a loan (due on 10/15) QP2013 automatically closed the account and would not let me see or edit any of the transactions in that account again. This was crazy! The account was not totally paid off, but becuase I processed what QP2013 thought was the last payment I could not get to the transaction register. I even tried running a report for the account and editing the transaction from the report, but no-go - all I got was a screen that said that the loan was already paid off. Be careful on this - when you process the last payment, you seem to be toast.

I ended up dowloading the transactions into Excel (QP2013 would let me do that), re-creating a new account, entering all new transactions, creating a new scheduled transaction, and processing all of the back dated transactions into the new account. This took me about 1/2 hour.

Be careful out there!
'38Packard
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us