The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Folly in 50 States and the World / Folly in New York

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/my-husband-commuted-from-long-island-to-mid-town-30316825.aspx

Subject:  Re: RE info Date:  10/12/2012  9:07 PM
Author:  chkNYC Number:  7742 of 7824

My husband commuted from Long Island to mid-town Manhattan for over 20 years

When I was still living with my parents after college, I commuted from Queens to 59th street on the west side (where the Time Warner Center is now). Had to take a bus and a subway and walk a few blocks (or a bus and two subways). Took me over an hour.

When I was married and we lived in various parts of Queens, my commute always took me well over an hour.

Then I got divorced and moved to Manhattan. My "commute" took me about 5 minutes (walking). Then I got a job downtown and my commute took me about 30 minutes. Then I got a job midtown and my commute took me 10 -15 minutes (walking).

Now I work from home 3 days a week and my commute on the other 2 days takes me under 30 minutes.

Oh - I forgot to say that when I was in law school, I drove to work -- took me about 1-1/2 hours in the morning but less than an hour to return home after school.

Christina, used to commuting but prefers not to
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us