The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/what-do-you-think-of-a-vanguard-short-term-bond-30318157.aspx

Subject:  Re: How come nobody talks about... Date:  10/13/2012  8:36 PM
Author:  arrete Number:  648686 of 743987

What do you think of a Vanguard short-term bond fund instead of cash? You'd get a couple of percentage points more interest and the risks can't be that high, can they?
--------------

Well, I must say I'm in shock because I told DH about this thread over dinner (salmon ...). Shocked because he's the no bonds guy, only to find out his FIdelity person talked him into some kind of bond fund. But it isn't liquid. So I could looke at the Vanguard one, but I can sell funds anytime I want. So, I dunno.

I've been living off the proceeds for 14 years, and I'm almost back to the highest point - not figuring in inflation which I admit is something. Still, I've taken out a bunch.

I don't have time for this stuff - I need to practice my bass line and get the timing right. It's harder than you'd think. I'm comfy about finances at the moment.

arrete
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us