The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/from-a-libertarian-pov-i-think-each-state-has-30318622.aspx

Subject:  Re: What annoys the Left more? Date:  10/14/2012  10:58 AM
Author:  alstroemeria Number:  648738 of 757465

From a libertarian POV, I think each state has the right to decide how it wants to approach abortion. I appose many of the religious right organisations that want a federal law or constitutional amendement to prevent it. Row v Wade was bad law and stepped on the rights of states. Bring it back to them.

Yes, it's me--I lurk here from time to time, mostly avoiding political posts (getting harder & harder, but it is close to an election). I decided quite a while ago that I wouldn't post any more because I like you guys even though we are mostly poles apart politically, and I don't like heated arguments.

Hi, decath. I like and respect you, but I guess I couldn't help myself when I read this.

If federal law on abortion seems too, what, dictatorial? how is state law better--closer to the people affected? Then why not county law, it's much closer, or how about each city/town/village having its own abortion law? Keep going smaller and closer to the individual until you get there. Let each individual decide for herself, hopefully in consultation with her partner, doctor, and whoever else's opinion she values (parent, clergy, best friend, prayer).

Perhaps someone else made this point later in the thread, but this is as far as I've gotten.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us