The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Mechanical Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/fwiw-im-a-fairly-active-trader-using-bill2ms-30319184.aspx

Subject:  Re: Poll: Screen Holding Period? Date:  10/14/2012  5:49 PM
Author:  situate Number:  239890 of 252789

FWIW, I'm a fairly active trader, using Bill2M's indispensable weekly trade ledgers and LonghornBoy's SI Rankings.

E.g., Bill2M is currently telling me that 2012's most productive screens are 3pt_Relative_Value and RS-100. I will thus buy the top 4-5 stocks in those screens accordingly. I'm willing to hold onto equities that fall below the top 4 or 5, but will sell immediately if the stock falls off the screen, or falls to rank 15 or lower. (This latter decision is completely arbitrary.)

Early in a year, I'll use Bill2M's 52-week rankings to ascertain the most productive screens.

The approach may be a somewhat inexact science, but I'm comfortable w/ it, and the two accounts I use this strategy with are up ~33% YTD.

Needless to say, I'm profoundly indebted to Bill2M and LonghornBoy for their weekly updates.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us