The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/funny-story-weve-got-good-friends-that-live-in-30319295.aspx

Subject:  Re: intercst a Homeowner Date:  10/14/2012  7:29 PM
Author:  ariechert Number:  45833 of 63382

Funny story:

We've got good friends that live in Tallahassee, Florida. I was talking to D'Lo the other day on the phone and I mentioned to her that I was fascinated and enamored by "The Villages" in Florida ever since watching that CBS Sunday Morning video about the golf carts and the 90 miles of golf cart roads in the Villages.

Anyway our friends are pretty hard core Democrats and she told me "you don't want to live there, it's controlled by Tea Party people!" She said The Villages is like a great big conservative Republican bastion and the whole place is pretty much a Tea Party Republican stronghold and she thought I'd hate living there because of it!

It was pretty funny. She knows my sister, lindytoes, and is facebook friends with her so I guess she assumed I was as politicized as my sister? That it would bother me living around all those Republicans!

Since I'm a conflict avoider I didn't say anything. The truth is that the older I get the less political I am. The less interest I have in it and the more annoyed and bored I get by it all. I hate boxing and wrestling and sports in general and to me politics is very similar to sports.

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us