The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/sorry-guys-for-not-responding-till-now-as-you-can-30319668.aspx

Subject:  Re: What is your goal in life? Date:  10/15/2012  3:02 AM
Author:  AOLFoolman100 Number:  648871 of 726199

Sorry guys for not responding till now. As you can imagine, it's a tough thing for me. I'm trying to quit drinking at night, but it's not really working. I stopped for 2-3 months earlier when I got heart failure, but started up again. I did enjoy being sober for 2-3 months. But it was boring as hec.....my mind was always racing...thinking too fast..

I really need to figure what I need to do. I often, through out my life (even in high school) go through depression episodes. It was pretty freqent in high school and early college but quickly died off when I got older, but it does creep back from time to time. Drinking certainly adds to it. But NOT drinking also drives me insane as well, because my mind races very quickly (no alcohol to slow it down), I get fidgety, and I get incredibly bored.

Anyways, I need to find the next stage in my life. I've worked as an engineer at NASA (JSC) when I was younger, then worked as an engineer in the oil/gas fields for a few years, then at General Electric as an engineer on their gas turbines (GE Power). Then got my MBA and worked at a high priced firm for consulting/auditing etc...which I hated......now what do i do???

Taking my time.....oh well.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us