The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Health & Fitness / Running Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/just-wondering-if-anyone-is-using-the-nike-30319715.aspx

Subject:  Re: Nike+ FuelBand Date:  10/15/2012  5:50 AM
Author:  VeeEnn Number:  23268 of 23722

Just wondering if anyone is using the Nike+ FuelBand. I'm thinking it might be a good motivator to get me back into running, but would like to hear feedback whether it's more of a gimmick or actually useful.

I think this gizmo is intended to be a weight management tool rather than anything to specifically help you with a training strategy (what I assume you mean by motivate you to start running)

There've been a whole slew of these devices hit that market over recent years......they're primary designed to record "activity" and track calorie burn by varying degrees of guesstimation. They're a useful heads-up! for folk who perceive they're doing everything right WRT dieting and "exercise" as, used rationally, can give a person feedback on compensatory behaviour (how a workout session affect unconscious movement for the remainder of the day) Just a basic $20 Omron pedometer will do the same. I recommend these all the time, but it's probably not what you were thinking of, right.

Vivienne
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us