The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/anyways-i-need-to-find-the-next-stage-in-my-life-30319722.aspx

Subject:  Re: What is your goal in life? Date:  10/15/2012  6:21 AM
Author:  lowstudent Number:  648874 of 734566

Anyways, I need to find the next stage in my life. I've worked as an engineer at NASA (JSC) when I was younger, then worked as an engineer in the oil/gas fields for a few years, then at General Electric as an engineer on their gas turbines (GE Power). Then got my MBA and worked at a high priced firm for consulting/auditing etc...which I hated......now what do i do???

Just because I was toying with the idea, and also had run through a couple of different types of activity, though not as wide a variety as you.

What I do see, is a lot of work for larger causes.

WIth your MBA experience and detail oriented nature from engineering, have you considered another change not only of field but of focus?

What I am talking about is perhaps moving to an individual based versus more corporate based function. Perhaps looking into working as a financial planner? That would allow regular intervention with folks on an individual level integrating your personal and business life a little more

Obviously there will be an initial hit in revenue, but you do not seem to be in a hurry. I am guessing personal finance is what brought you to the Fool initially so there may be a natural interest.

Anyway, just throwin' my 2 cents out there
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us