The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Industry Discussions / Renewable Energy

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hey-paul-yeah-i-can-see-that-happening-the-30319735.aspx

Subject:  Re: Bunge closes Vicksburg, MS Ethanol Plant Date:  10/15/2012  7:18 AM
Author:  haywool Number:  18037 of 18379

Hey Paul !

Yeah, I can see that happening. The ethanol plant in nearby Galva, Illinois is "steaming right along". We can see the steam from our home which is about 40 miles cross country as the crow flies. Semi loads of corn go directly from the fields to the Galva plant. Heck, there's a corn field right across the road from the plant. In years past, there have been long lines of semis at the plant. This year, with the lower yields, not so.

I own ADM and part of the lower stock price is because of the higher corn prices - over $7.50/bu at harvest this year. Was up over $8.00/bu

It's the same with alfalfa hay prices this year ... which I raise also. Only half a crop and the "hobby horse" owners are paying dearly for a bale.

Of course we need to remember that these higher prices don't necessarily mean more money for the producer ... half a crop ! RATS !

Thanx,
Rich (haywool)
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us