The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/if-federal-law-on-abortion-seems-too-what-30320073.aspx

Subject:  Re: What annoys the Left more? Date:  10/15/2012  11:00 AM
Author:  decath Number:  648901 of 757512

If federal law on abortion seems too, what, dictatorial? how is state law better--closer to the people affected? Then why not county law, it's much closer, or how about each city/town/village having its own abortion law? Keep going smaller and closer to the individual until you get there. Let each individual decide for herself, hopefully in consultation with her partner, doctor, and whoever else's opinion she values (parent, clergy, best friend, prayer).

Perhaps someone else made this point later in the thread, but this is as far as I've gotten.

I think the state level is about the right balance. It's an issue of crime/punishment which historically was intended to be handled at the state level by our founding fathers.

At least you can move to another state if you find that a particular law is morally pugnant.

The bottom line for me is runnaway federal gov't intrusions that is principally pushed by the democratic party and followed by the Rupublicans.

The abortion issue is expcecially galling considering that every time the dems control the presidency and house, pro-life people see their tax dollars go to the abortion industry. At the very least, you would think pro-choicers would respect that. But they don't. They want the feds to redestibrute tax $ for abortion causes. Talk about the height of fascist policies when half the country finds abortion morally obnoxious and around 75% or so at least see abortion as something that is wrong (although they may still believe it should be legal).

decath
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us