The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-like-you-frydaze-ditto-and-i-will-respond-to-30320126.aspx

Subject:  Re: What annoys the Left more? Date:  10/15/2012  11:24 AM
Author:  Frydaze1 Number:  648910 of 817269

I like you Frydaze

Ditto, and I will respond to your post as a differing opinion, rather than an attack, because I'm sure that's how you wrote it. That's difficult with other posts that make broad generalizations about what people are or aren't in favor of. For example: I'm not in favor of banning sodas. Even though I don't drink them and never have.

But your post is specifically about abortion and religion, so I'll stick to those topics.

I realize this is an extremely sensitive issue. I hope we can agree to disagree.

It *is* a sensitive issue. And yes, we can agree to disagree. I'm not sure if that means you'd rather I not post details about my disagreement. So I'll go ahead and post them, and hope I'm not going against the spirit of your "agree to disagree" statement.

>>God (if you believe in such a being, which you seem to) aborts millions of babies. If God does it, it must (by definition) be moral. So, yes, my conscience is also clear on that score.<<<

You may have to elaborate on that one. But even if he did, God is God. He can do what he wants to and we do not have the perspective or the intelligence he does. Does the bowl have the right to question whether or not the potter makes it for nobel or mundane purposes