The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Religion & Culture / Christian Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/the-big-question-for-me-is-why-did-he-lose-95-30320593.aspx

Subject:  Re: He Lost 95% of His "Friends" Date:  10/15/2012  2:23 PM
Author:  MetroChick Number:  183600 of 195936

The big question for me is: WHY did he lose 95% of his friends when he came out as "gay"?

Because he wasn't gay - he was trying to run an experiment on them and you're assuming none found out or didn't realize he didn't seem to be authentic.

It's like the "Sex in the City" episode where Charlotte is hanging out with lesbian women because she loves their company and Samantha tells her "you can't go to Wonder Woman Island and not go native" and eventually one of the lesbian women flat out ask her if she's a lesbian.

How likely is it for a year his aunt and another friend "playing his boyfriend" told no one else, and no gays in the community figured he wasn't really gay and they didn't know any of his other friends?

Are you really telling me if one of your friends, who always seemed heterosexual just all of a sudden came out as gay you'd believe them and wouldn't have doubts if there were never signs they might not be heterosexual and if there were no signs, then you wouldn't wonder if they were really gay or not, and if not then what are they trying to pull?

Soon after Kurek decided to go under cover and "come out" as a gay man.
------------------
Kurek even "got a job in a gay cafe, hung out in a gay bar and joined a gay softball league, all the while maintaining his inner identity as a straight Christian.
----------------------
i>

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us