The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Religion & Culture / Christian Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/probably-about-the-same-reaction-what-do-you-30320624.aspx

Subject:  Re: He Lost 95% of His "Friends" Date:  10/15/2012  2:33 PM
Author:  1poorguy Number:  183602 of 196046

Probably about the same reaction. What do you think?

I would think that anyone who would "un-friend" because of gayness would likely also do so because of atheism.

I wish I could remember if it was someone on the boards here, or elsewhere. But I am aware of one example where a son came out as atheist to his fundy parents, and the mother responded with "well that was 20 years wasted"**. As I recall the parents (particularly the mother) broke off further contact.

That's not a mentality I understand, so I can't really comment further (except that I think it is dysfunctional). If 1poorlady did that to 1poorkid when she finally finds out 1pk is not a believer, I'd probably divorce her. Fortunately, while she would be upset and angry for days or weeks, I don't think she could ever shun her baby.

1poorguy

**Or twenty-something...the guy was twenty-something years old, I'm thinking still in college when this event occurred.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us