The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/imo-if-you-do-not-need-to-work-for-the-money-then-30320669.aspx

Subject:  Re: What is your goal in life? Date:  10/15/2012  2:55 PM
Author:  AOLFoolman100 Number:  648938 of 734986

IMO if you do not need to work for the money, then go find something you love and do that.

------------

Yes that's good advice jim. I just don't know exactly what. I have a nice cushion of money but definitely not enough to retire on yet. I've myself working in my own little tinkerers shop inventing new gadgets and design new products. Maybe enough to invent and get patents. I would obviously work for myself with no time pressure and stress. Also I'd do some art work as well. I just need to somehow get started. Need to buy equipment. It'd be a hobby but if I can make a bit of money all the better. I'm just the type who works so much better really thinking things through and deeply rather than do the high stress corporate rat race. Last job was like that, although I wouldn't have called my prior engineering jobs "high stress". Not at all. Pace was very good for the most part.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us