The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/but-some-on-the-left-are-so-militantly-and-un-30321236.aspx

Subject:  Re: What annoys the Left more? Date:  10/15/2012  6:40 PM
Author:  Frydaze1 Number:  648976 of 736850

But, some on the Left are so militantly and un apologetically for abortion, it's like they see it as a casual sport and that's what SOMETIMES causes me to support Social Conservatism where I really wouldn't normally.

Truth be told, very few people are as fanatical as they come off. But most of us (and you've just proven the point) will dig in our heels when we think the other side is pushing too hard, and fight extra hard for the opposing view.

You've got about 30 posts in this thread (number pulled out of my azz) that sound as fanatical as any, and that make huge sweeping assumptions about ALL liberals and ALL people on the left, that you know are untrue. There are some who believe this, and some who believe that. There are some who support this and not that. Some who support that and not this. But you don't say that. You say OMGLIBRULS!

And when I read your posts, which come off as mouth frothing, arm waving fanaticism, they make me want to wade in and wave my arms right back at you.

Sometimes I resist. Sometimes I don't. :P

Fanaticism breeds fanaticism. It doesn't really matter who started it, perpetuating it just... perpetuates it. Vicious cycle.

Frydaze1

P.S. Thanks for stepping up and admitting you're mildly pro-choice. It's not easy to go against the crowd.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us