The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Religion & Culture / Christian Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ltlt-i-think-a-lifetime-is-a-very-long-time-30324034.aspx

Subject:  Re: He Lost 95% of His "Friends" Date:  10/16/2012  11:13 PM
Author:  lhaselden Number:  183681 of 195717

<<
I think a lifetime is a very long time, however, to be married to just one person. It's great when it works. But often people grow apart and become absolutely miserable together. So I have no problem with divorce. I have been divorced and I'm still a pretty good person.
>>

I understand, but think about our courageous politicians that pass a DOMA that does nothing to limit divorce.

When I was a boy the only grounds for divorce in this state was adultery.

I think in Ireland only in the last few years have people been able to get a divorce.

There are many instructions on marriage in the Bible, including "God hates divorce." Yet our politicians pass a DOMA that does nothing except limit rights to a small minority of the population while the majority of our population goes about violating their marriage vows. Pretending they are supporting Biblical marriage.

By the way the Apostles agreed with you....

Matthew 19:9-11
9 And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for [b]immorality, and marries another woman [c]commits adultery[d].”
10 The disciples *said to Him, “If the relationship of the man with his wife is like this, it is better not to marry.”
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us