The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Health & Fitness / Health and Nutrition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-opened-up-a-can-of-whupp-a-on-myself-this-30324806.aspx

Subject:  Re: coconut oil raises hdl Date:  10/17/2012  11:04 AM
Author:  VeeEnn Number:  37981 of 40856

I opened up a can of whupp a$$ on myself this past weekend and I fancy that irregardless of how many kcals. I burned it wasn't enough to bother talking about

So, just to double check, I fished my notes out from my workshop where I'd jotted down the numbers on the power meter at the end o the ride......and I burned 320 Cals.

Unlike the regular gym equipment like the ellipticals and treadmills and stuff, the readout from a bike with a power meter is fairly accurate in that the "Calories burned" feasture is directly comparable to the total number of kjoules of power generated for the workout.

Granted it was after I'd already taught my regular class and granted it was an HIIT sesion where a heck of a lot of time is spent at that low intensity "recovery" zone but still, if you believed what trainers to the stars like Jillian Michaels etc. want to tell you, you should be able to burn *at least* 500 Cals in 30 minutes.

Like I said, not enough to bother talking about (or enough to create a deficit if you end up wanting to eat half a cow afterwards and lie around all day to rest up.)
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us