The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Religion & Culture / Christian Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ltlt-this-is-something-i-dont-quite-30324854.aspx

Subject:  Re: He Lost 95% of His "Friends" Date:  10/17/2012  11:22 AM
Author:  lhaselden Number:  183692 of 195933

<<
This is something I don't quite understand.
My husband and I are married, but we are definitely still two individual people with our own ideas, likes, and dislikes. In no way am I subservient to him - or he to me. We are partners and we work things out. Neither of us owns the other. Neither of us has to ask permission of the other for anything. We have separate bank accounts and separate investment accounts. We are equal partners. And that's the only way I would ever want it.

AM
>>

Like i tried to point out, what our government recognizes is 'civil unions' using the term 'marriage' as a label.

What the Bible describes is something much different and I do not understand it either, but I have observed it a few times. A man who gets morning sickness before his wife knows she is pregnant, she never had morning sickness. Couples whom you seldom see not together except when they are at work.
It is not about subservience, as with many things in the Christian life it is about submission. I know the term 'submission' may seem no different to you than subservience but it is not the same, and the scriptures teach me about submission not subservience, subservience has a connotation of power/weakness, for me submission has a connotation of love and reverence.

Ephesians 5:21 Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us