The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Building / Maintaining a Home

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/led-lights-are-now-available-in-costco-too-have-30324954.aspx

Subject:  Re: 25% renewable energy by 2025 Date:  10/17/2012  11:59 AM
Author:  1poorguy Number:  122599 of 128074

LED lights are now available in Costco, too. Have been for a while, but pricing seems to be coming down (still a bit steep, IMO). But I foresee in the very near future starting to switch over. As my existing CFLs die I may start replacing them with LED.

CFLs are another example. Lots of grousing from the "who cares how much I pollute as long as I get cheap!!" crowd, claims they were too expensive except for money-wasting tree huggers, and now you can get multi-packs in Costco for a very reasonable price. I'm sure LEDs are on that same path at this point. By the time my existing stock of CFLs is exhausted LEDs will probably be very reasonably priced.

In fact, we just bought (from Costco) LED outdoor sconces to replace existing incandescent fixtures. I have the first one installed, and it works fine. Good (bright) light. 1poorlady really likes it. I'll be replacing the other two incandescent sconces probably this weekend.

1poorguy
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us