The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/im-thinking-150-is-a-bit-much-for-a-30325801.aspx

Subject:  Re: Poll: Should andrew become a Baron of Sealan Date:  10/17/2012  5:09 PM
Author:  andrew61 Number:  649353 of 750450

I'm thinking $150 is a bit much for a spur-of-the-moment purchase of what is basically nothing. I mean, you could buy something decent like a digital camera (not great, but decent) or a few shirts for $150. If it was $10 then, hell yeah, go for it! But $150 is getting into the "Hey, I better think about this" range. YMMV.

Well, I have been thinking about it before rushing in. One of the reasons I posted this poll.

I can see where you're coming from. You've told us you're digging your way out of debt, and I'm guessing that Noble Titles don't mean squat to you. So in your case, I can see how you would think spending more than $10 on what you'd consider nothing more than a "gag gift", at best, wouldn't make sense.

I see things differently, however.

To my way of thinking, shirts and cameras wear out, but a baronial title is for life. <grin>

To be titled European nobility would fulfill a dream I've had since about 1981, and as long as this is real and not fake (and from the research I've done over the past few days, I've concluded that it is real), it's a way I can finally fulfill a nearly lifelong dream, one that was seemingly impossible. The Law of Attraction certainly does work in mysterious and strange ways.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us