The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/should-he-do-it-35-6-votes-yes-go-for-it-a-30325966.aspx

Subject:  Re: Poll: Should andrew become a Baron of Sealan Date:  10/17/2012  6:22 PM
Author:  andrew61 Number:  649372 of 756484

Should he do it?

35% (6 Votes)
Yes, go for it! A Noble Title is a valuable thing to have.

29% (5 Votes)
Maybe. It's a harmless fantasy... whatever floats your boat.

11% (2 Votes)
No! How pointless! What a frivolous waste of time and money.

23% (4 Votes)
I have some baronial splendor fer ya in my pants.

Well, I'm blown away. Two days in, 64 percent have voted "Yes" or "Maybe". Surprisingly, only two people in this LBYM crowd voted "No".

I am encouraged. I think I'm going to do it!

I think I'll spend considerably less money than I originally posted, however. I definitely want the signed and framed certificate that grants me the noble title, but on further reflection maybe I'll do without the national ID card and the square foot of real estate. Those are extras I thought would be nice but don't absolutely need. The Baron title is really what I'm after here.

This is going to be my new hobby: Keeping up with the happenings of Sealand, learning what makes the world's smallest micronation tick.

If it turns out to be nothing else, it'll certainly make for some interesting conversation!
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us