The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-had-already-made-that-determination-before-the-30327779.aspx

Subject:  Re: Samuelson What was missing from Debate Date:  10/18/2012  2:33 PM
Author:  MadCapitalist Number:  649607 of 756982

I had already made that determination before the 2004 election, which is when I committed to never again vote for someone that I wouldn't want to see in office, even if he/she is better than the alternative.

I haven't quit reached that point, yet. Although I haven't voted FOR a President since Reagan in '84. The rest has been more AGAINST the other guy. Also, I think if you don't vote, you have no right to complain about what is going on.

I disagree with the "if you don't vote, you have no right to complain about what is going on" philosophy. We have the right to complain about anything we want, whether we vote or not. I'm certainly not going to vote for a candidate that I don't like merely so others will think it gives me the "right" to complain.

In fact, I think you have exactly backwards. If anyone shouldn't have the "right" to complain, it should be those who voted for people who are "the lesser of two evils" and are part of the problem.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us