The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/andrew-get-the-baronetcy-remember-col-harlan-30327840.aspx

Subject:  Re: Poll: Should andrew become a Baron of Sealan Date:  10/18/2012  2:56 PM
Author:  andrew61 Number:  649614 of 756483

Andrew, get the baronetcy. Remember, Col. Harlan Sanders was an honorary Kentucky colonel.

Me? I’d go further. I’d register with the US State Department as a US citizen representing a yet-to-be-recognized nation. In effect being a domestic-located possible-in-the-future embassy/legation (but square that with Sealand first) with the authority to (again with Sealand’s acquiescence) to issue Letters-of Status (i.e., imperial nomenclature) for a fee for which you retain ten percent.

Perfect would be having Sealand as a taxing entity – say eighth of a percent per annum – to Sealand registered companies who, being Sealand registered, pay less home-country taxes (look it up).

You, as Baron Andrew, aid in this (at, say, a tenth of a percent per annum) since you are a registered representative of Sealand.

You know, Ambassador Baron Andrew, this could be a real interesting retirement project.

MichaelR

Thanks, Michael. At first when I read your post, I groaned, "OMG, sounds too much like work to me." But on second thought, you've really given me something to think about. Seems overwhelming to me now, but only because I don't have the background or level of knowledge to really get what you are saying. But it's definitely something to look into for sure.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us