The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Religion & Culture / Christian Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-know-of-no-social-convention-needed-to-manage-30328772.aspx

Subject:  Re: He Lost 95% of His "Friends" Date:  10/18/2012  10:15 PM
Author:  NigelGlitter Number:  183732 of 196071

I know of no social convention needed to manage procreation, it is a very natural act that occurs in the presence of social conventions or in violation of social conventions or in their absence such as during wars. Raping and pilaging or ancient human traditions but I would not call them social conventions.

Really? So, spreading your more powerful seed by killing the males and raping the females isn't an integral part of human behavior? My tribe is better has driven man to horrible places whether in the name of country or god, and always under the social conventions of the conquering group.

Yes, sex is quite natural and will occur under any circumstances, but we are cognitive, we are aggressive, and once we settle into larger groups, the social conventions of procreation avoid an awful lot of issues.

Or, as you suggest, we could just kill off rival males and rape their females. It would be a neighborhood thing.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us