The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Religion & Culture / Christian Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thats-why-i-think-christian-theism-explains-it-30330649.aspx

Subject:  Re: He Lost 95% of His "Friends" Date:  10/19/2012  9:19 PM
Author:  bdhinton Number:  183751 of 196929

That's why I think Christian theism explains it better
------------
Except for all the folks who don't fit the explanation, and that's were the fallacy comes in to play. Brain chemistry and physiology explains all behavior, both normal and abnormal.

Who doesn't fit the explanation? What do you think the explanation is? You're missing something important...

And which god's moral code are we using?

And now the light finally went off in my head ... no, I'm not arguing that we all agree and adhere to specific moral commands. That would be stupider than I think you really think I am.

Call it the moral intuition itself, the fact that we are bothered by questions like "Is it morally good to do x"

Sure, your favorite evolutionary psychology tall-tale can give reasons why evolution may have tricked our ancestors into thinking something is moral, but it can't give any deeper meaning to morality than "what is good for survival".

If you can't see or acknowledge the problem with that, then I guess I don't have anything else to add .

-Bryan
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us