The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/they-were-chewing-holes-in-our-eaves-getting-in-30333569.aspx

Subject:  Re: Squirrel population explosion Date:  10/22/2012  11:41 AM
Author:  alstroemeria Number:  45903 of 63382

They were chewing holes in our eaves, getting in our attick, fireplace, and there were literally hundreds of them. I had to do something. They were turning our house into Swiss Cheese.
Art

Yikes. I've been hearing something at night--I thought we might have a mouse family in residence, but no sign of droppings or smell in the bedroom or attic above the bedroom. Seems to sound closer than simply on the roof--I thought I was hearing it through the HVAC vent closest to my side of the bed. Maybe they're chewing our eaves at night? I thought squirrels were diurnal. (There's a word for animals that are both diurnal and nocternal, but I can;t remember it except that it doesn't sound like it belongs with diurnal and nocturnal...shouldn't it be biurnal ;-)

=alstro, looking forward to the hubster making progress on the honey-do list...he actually said the other day, "when I pulled into the garage, I wished I had time to clean it out"...that was, hmm, uncharacteristic ;-) But, Yay!
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us