The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quoti-wonder-if-you-might-benefit-by-replacing-30336088.aspx

Subject:  Re: Next up, the Social Security decision Date:  10/23/2012  2:17 PM
Author:  ariechert Number:  45924 of 58859

"I wonder if you might benefit by replacing a bathtub with a jet tub? Hot, bubbly water feels soooo good! Also, does your health insurance cover massage therapy and/or physical therapy?" - alstromeria

We had a hot tub before and it broke down a lot. It was also very expensive to run - sucking up about $100/month in extra electricity. It sat out on our back deck.

I've thought about putting in a hot tub here where we live now. One problem we have is mosquitoes. I think they'd drive me crazy even with the steam and chlorine vapors rising up. They are voracious. They are those little evil Asian black mosquitoes and they don't give up easily.

So along with a hot tub we'd have to have a screened in back porch built to keep the little buggers out. That would add to the cost substantially.

I'm just not sure I want to deplete my savings for a hot tub even though I know I would enjoy it. Maybe eventually when my arthritis gets to the point where I can't stand it anymore. It does feel incredibly good to float around in a tub of hot bubbly water. Gravity free warm water is mighty nice!

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us