The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotof-course-in-union-countyonce-you-go-30337544.aspx

Subject:  Re: Best Cities for Cheapskates Date:  10/24/2012  9:29 AM
Author:  ariechert Number:  45932 of 59658

"Of course, in Union county..once you go over the ridge, if you can make it in the winter time (the last time I was there it was snowing like the blazes at the top of the ridge), you are away from things." - tele

----------------------

It snowed like hell back in East Tennessee. Most people wouldn't believe it because it was supposed to be "the South" but we had some big snows some years. I've got pictures of snow 18" to 24" deep. We were without power for 4 days one time. Downed trees had broken the power lines.

I couldn't get in to work which was a big mess for me because I was responsible for taking care of animals at UT. If people didn't make it in I was ultimately responsible. Used to drive me nuts.

We had some ice storms too where the roads and everything else were covered in ice. You couldn't even walk.

But don't get me wrong, I liked living in the country. No one messes with you and you can shoot your guns any damn time you want to. I like that.

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us