The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Religion & Culture / Jewish and Foolish

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/how-is-your-suggestion-different-from-the-spanish-30339638.aspx

Subject:  Re: Israelis Jews favor official discrimination Date:  10/25/2012  1:44 AM
Author:  elann Number:  22126 of 22563

How is your suggestion different from the Spanish Inquisition's liberal offer to Jews and Muslims to convert to Christianity? (or leave).

Because I wouldn't force that choice, nor would I take away the rights from anyone who currently has them.

the Sharia law which defines non-Muslims as low-class, right-less, residents?

Because they would have rights, just as resident aliens in the US have rights.

How is it different from denying blacks in America their civil rights?

Because I wouldn't change the citizenship rights of any current citizens, and also because anyone can convert to Judaism, but a black couldn't convert to a white.

The idea that you don't revoke citizenship from those who have it, but deny it from "new" citizens, such as the new born children of citizens, doesn't change in the least the fact that it is blatant racism. You are a proponent of apartheid, just like a shockingly large segment of Israel's population. Ultimately, if such views are implemented they will bring the demise of Israel.

Elan
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us