The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Health & Fitness / Fools Fighting Fat

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/willpower-30340075.aspx

Subject:  Willpower Date:  10/25/2012  10:35 AM
Author:  legalwordwarrior Number:  57349 of 58716

When we talk about all of the biomechanics of what makes us crave sweets and snacks. We tend to get hung up on all sorts of reasearch. But sometimes we tend to forget that willpower, while it's a bit fickle, and can be weak, it can also be strong. Case in point:

Last night I went to a wire-wrapping class that ran from 6-9 p.m. I had a quick leftover meal of about a cup/cup and a half of spaghetti sauce with ground beef,sliced red and yellow peppers and sliced squash. There was no leftover spaghetti squash, so while it filled me initially, by the time I got home I was really hungry. There were leftover chicken strips in the fridge, but I didn't want all that fat and sodium (not homemade, DH had picked them up on his way home from workout).

So I looked around the kitchen and finally settled on a banana. It filled me up, took care of the sweet craving, and didn't clash with my tea :0)

Got up this morning with no bloat, no guilt, feeling great, and ready to face the day.

LWW
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us