The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Health & Fitness / Quitting Smoking

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanks-jack-i-think-what-you-say-is-true-and-can-30340589.aspx

Subject:  Re: Bad News for me Date:  10/25/2012  1:51 PM
Author:  Ezlington Number:  56584 of 57325

Thanks Jack,

I think what you say is true and can speak of last nights experience:

The man in the bed opposite was falling out of his bed due to his confused medicated state, so after I summoned the nurse they moved him to a single room.

He had swapped beds with this man who prayed out aloud for about 90 minutes, when he ran out of promises he started again with the Lords Prayer. I just accepted the position and tried not to pass judgement or feel sorry for him.

I'm lucky I don't have any fear of the disease process or death and always been certain that Altzheimer's would be the worst possible way for me to end, having seen so much of it turn wonderful people into unrecognisable shadowy strangers and the guilt felt by those left for their resentment.

With this I have a better relationship with some than ever before and deeper more significant conversations with my daughter than I would have thought possible.

Visitors, gotta go!

€z
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us