The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quoti-think-id-prefer-that-too-a-robot-doctor-30342345.aspx

Subject:  Re: Doctor: Extra charge for 2many questions? Date:  10/26/2012  10:21 AM
Author:  telegraph Number:  45969 of 56738

"I think I'd prefer that too. A robot doctor wouldn't be judgemental. If I go in there and I haven't lost weight and I've made little effort to improving my health the robo doc or holographic projection (like on Star Trek: Voyager) wouldn't be judgemental. "

The robo doc might program the ships computers to give you smaller portions or even deny you snacks between meals!..... and put you on a diet whether you like it or not.

All the food on the Enterprise came out of the food synthesizer. It might just cut out all the sugar - stick in sweetener...and limit your calories.....

The computer would just scan you as you walked in.....know your weight instantly.....

Then again, I have not seen a 'weight challenged' person on Star Trek. Maybe by stardate whatever they have solved that problem...or the automated food systems have insured no one is over weight!

Careful what you wish for!

t.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us