The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Automotive / Cars and Drivers

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/weve-had-two-cars-that-came-with-the-absolute-30342407.aspx

Subject:  Re: Tires and Air Filter... Date:  10/26/2012  10:41 AM
Author:  HMALETTER Number:  11409 of 11677

We've had two cars that came with the absolute worst tires imaginable. They were a particular Bridgestone model that was lucky to see 15,000 miles, depending on how much you like to hydroplane ;) A quick look at TireRack online, showed the worst customer review score I'd ever seen. Other Bridgestones I have bought were very good tires, wearing well. Must be a special cheapie they build for the OEM market.

The best wearing tire I've ever had is the newer Yokahama Envigor. High tread life rating, and it earned it. 35,000 miles and it still looks and feels like new.

As for air filters? High margin sales. They are cheap to buy, and easy to put in. Depends on where you drive. I've seen air filters at 5,000 miles that look like the car had been in the Baja races. I do mine generally every 10 months, somewhere around 20K.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us